Today I got to sleep in for two whole hours! Gary took the baby over to my dad's, so I could get some sleep. I feel so guilty when I try to take time out for myself. Is that normal? I NEVER go to movies, go out to eat, or shop by myself anymore. I miss the days of pregnancy when I was able to see all the new movies that were out. I miss being on bedrest when I was allowed to watch tv all day and nap as often as I like. The anticipation of a new baby is no longer with me either.
Do all moms have that deflated feeling once the baby is here? I should say that Nicholas is one already. He is technically a toddler. The lack of much needed sleep for the entire first year of his life has made me dumber. I no longer recall anything "smart" or able to comprehend past a 1st grade level. Are you smarter than a 5th grader? Heck no! I don't read, unless you count magazines.
I think that if I did not work full time, I would be happier. I miss being home with him. I hate that others tell me what he likes and dislikes.
Man, I'm whining...I do love my little guy! He's the cutest....so photogenic (not from me for sure!)
Sunday, June 10, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment